An informal Q&A
What is CBD and how does it work?
CBD is short for cannabidiol, one of the cannabinoids found in cannabis. In addition to CBD, there are at least 113 active cannabinoids in the plant. THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), one of the most commonly known, is the psychoactive cannabinoid in cannabis – CBD, however, is non-psychoactive and won’t get you high.
Cannabinoids work by binding to the receptors in the human endocannabinoid system (ECS), which is present in all vertebrae in all humans. The ECS consists of a host of receptors running throughout the entire body – the nervous system, spinal cord, digestive system, and brain. The ECS supports several processes but its main role is to maintain homeostasis, keeping all internal systems in balance and biological functions in harmony in response to environmental changes. The human body is capable of producing its own cannabinoids, called endogenous cannabinoids, which then trigger a response from the ECS receptors. Exogenous cannabinoids are derived from sources outside of the human body, such as industrial hemp.
How do I know I’m getting a measured dose of Kaleidoscope ingredients?
We’ve achieved consisting dosing through microencapsulation, a process by which the ingredients in Kaleidoscope products bypass the first pass of digestion for greater absorption and higher bioavailability in your body. (See product descriptions for the specific dosages of ingredients.)
We designed Kaleidoscope products to be consistent and “stackable” so that you can use multiple formulations or increase your dosage in a systematic and incremental manner. For example, you can take your two Wake capsules in the morning, 2 Sleep capsules at night, and layer an additional Boost capsule in the middle of the day if you decide your body responds better to a little more CBD in your system.
Biochemistry is different for every human. Start and see how it works for your pattern.
Will I get high?
No. Cannabidiol is not a psychoactive substance. You will not feel high from using CBD.
When will I feel something?
Your body’s response time depends on a variety of factors. You might feel a difference within a few days of starting your new routine. You may even experience the effects immediately. For some, it can take up to two weeks to notice a difference. That’s why it’s important to be patient and to take your capsules consistently. The effects of Kaleidoscope products are subtle but powerful. But remember, everyone is different and your bodily pattern may respond at a different pace and degree than someone else’s.
Do I need a medical prescription or card to order Kaleidoscope products?
Nope (but you must be 21+).
A kaleidoscope is an optical instrument that creates beautiful patterns through reflection. The word is derived from the Greek “Kalos”, meaning beauty, “Eidos” meaning forms and shapes that are observable and “skopeō” which means to look or examine.
We think that’s a beautiful metaphor for how supplements from organic ingredients can lead to betterment in your basic health routine, shape your well-being and introduce a careful reflection on your feelings and self-care.
There's some oil leakage in my bottle, what's the deal?
With any oil-based capsule, there will always be a percentage that leak. Our colored band, which in most capsules is synthetic, is in fact natural in our product because we are committed to providing an all vegan, natural capsule. That means that it’s normal for there to be a little more leakage in the bottle because natural banding can sometimes allow for a tad more leakage than synthetic banding. But don’t worry, you’re not missing out on any of the good stuff in the pill.
We ship to all fifty states and provide free standard shipping to all customers in the contiguous United States.
We love our products and want you to love them too. However, if you need to return your product for any reason, we want to help make it right.
- If you accidentally ordered too many of one item, we can accept returns within 15 days of delivery for the extra product.
- Refunds will only be granted in the event your product is damaged or indigestible for any reason.
- We do not accept returned bottles that have been opened for health reasons.
- Refunds will be processed once the bottle has been received at our facility and once it has passed inspection.
- You will receive an email regarding your return once we have received the returned package.
- We accept accessory returns within 15 days of delivery.
- For a full refund, items must not have been worn or used.
- Refunds are accepted within 15 days of delivery date.
- If an item is defective, please return and we will be happy to send you another item.
- A full refund may be granted once products have received a full inspection.
- You will be notified via email regarding return updates.
- All customers are responsible for return shipment costs
- All subscriptions have a minimum of a 3 month commitment. After that, you may cancel your subscription at any time.
- You may not retroactively cancel a subscription order once it has processed unless you reach out to customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact email@example.com if you would like to start a return.
I still have questions. Who can I contact to get them answered?
You can text us at +1 (888) 624-2174.